Hey y’all! Are you enjoying the weather? It’s pretty grim and cloudy here, but weekend’s here and that’s something to look forward to, right?! 🙂
This week has been a little crazy with work and I have been so caught up in that, hence the delay in posting this recipe. But, as I said in my last post, I wanted to cook Pankaj’s favorite dishes for his birthday, I made this delicious and yum Lemon Chicken Piccata and he loved it! To be honest, he loves anything I make 🙂
This is your usual pan-fried chicken with a twist of lemon and wine and it tastes SO GOOD! It takes only 45 minutes for me to get this on the table for dinner and what else do you want when you have just had a full long day at work, right?
I got the inspiration for this recipe from Lindsey of Pinch of Yum.
We had some spaghetti with it and the cooked lemon chicken flavored sauce over. OH, SO GOOD! Let’s get into the recipe now!
- 1 LB Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- White Wine
- Lemon- sliced
- Chicken Broth
- Jarred Capers
- Fresh Parsley
- Olive Oil and Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Cover the chicken breast in plastic wrap and pound it to make it about 1/2 inches thick and even.
- Take the flour in a plate and add some salt and black pepper to it. Mix it and spread it in the plate.
- Dredge the chicken with flour mix and keep it aside.
- Take a wide base pan, heat it and put some butter and oil in it. Add the chicken and let it cook for about 5-7 minutes, flipping once. Once it turns golden on both the sides, take it out of the pan and put it in a tissue covered plate to soak the excess oil.
- In the same pan, add 1/2 cup of wine and let it sizzle a little bit. After that, add 1.5 cups of chicken broth and a few lemon slices (I added 6). Let it boil and get reduced to almost half.
- After the sauce had reduced to half, add 1 tablespoon of capers, some butter and a bit of lemon juice.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in the sauce and DONE!
Let me know if you try this dish and how it turns out!